[Wine] Re: Wine Ubuntu 10.04 Eve Online freeze crash whole system

jeffz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 20 20:42:29 CDT 2010

Bampfsnap wrote:
> its been 6 days now, that I've tried to get linux to run a game..

If you have a recent ATI video card, you should ensure you have the latest version of fglrx, catalyst 10.7 or some such to see if anything improves, perhaps even with orm on the default fbo setting.

The crashing is often down to a bug in the video driver, which runs at a higher level of authority than Wine itself, which means it can to undermine the stability of your system, sometimes by crashing X othertimes locking up the entire system.  This was definitely my experience several years ago when I used fglrx.