[Wine] Wine 1.2 binary for Mac OSX

Bryan Baldwin bryan at katofiad.co.nz
Wed Jul 21 04:16:59 CDT 2010

On 07/21/2010 08:42 PM, ahso wrote:
> Why not integrate that in Wine?
> - I do a Installer.exe to give to Mac/Lin/Win users
> - Users won't have to bother about each app. Like myself I'm running a dozen Win applications on Linux.
>
> Anyway compiling a static Wine binary should be no problem?

That would be out of scope for the WINE project. Distributing a vetted
version of X is not part of WINE.

Linux distributions have a much better installation method. On Debian or
Ubuntu its called apt-get. On Archlinux its called pacman -S or yaourt
-S. Other distributions have their own equally graceful mechanisms. Mac
OS has Wineskin, or you could try Macports. The only platform that .exe
installers actually apply to is the Windows platform itself. If you are
already using Windows, you don't need WINE.

	Bryan