[Wine] Unsupported ioctl 1b0064

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Wed Jul 21 06:27:21 CDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 02:58 -0500, harenber wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have not found anything with Google, so I hope it is okay to ask here.
>
> I'm trying to run a program called "Paxon" (see http://www.paxon.de)
> under Wine. This is an program with speaks via a serial console to a
> modem (in amateur radio use).

I think you'd be better off using a native Linux Packet radio Terminal
program such as LinPac.

> But using this program, I get
>
> harenber at ubuntu:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Paxon$ wine Paxon.exe
> fixme:ole:CoResumeClassObjects stub
> fixme:comm:set_queue_size insize 512 outsize 512 unimplemented stub
> fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 1b0064 (device=1b access=0 func=19 method=0)

Scarcely surprising. According to 'man ioctl_list' function 19 is
associated with floppy disk drives in the Linux kernel. I wouldn't have
a clue what its meant to do under Windows because (from "man ioctl"):

"No  single standard.  Arguments, returns, and semantics of ioctl() vary
according to the device driver in question  (the  call  is  used  as a
catch-all  for  operations  that  don<80><99>t cleanly fit the Unix
stream model).  See ioctl_list(2) for a list of  many  of  the  known
ioctl() calls.  The ioctl() function call appeared in Version 7 AT&T
Unix."

Martin