[Wine] Re: If a program won't run under Wine

McDragon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 22 03:35:56 CDT 2010

Thanks to everyone who contributed. After collaborating with the Amebis support we did come to a solution that worked. It actually had to do with an internal install configuration that demanded the install file to be under a mapped drive.

So what definately worked for me was using your suggestion to run from command line from the cd-rom directly. By the way, as my locale is en_UK and this si a Slovene program some letters were not showing up directly so I had to run it in the correct locale:

Code:
export LANG=sl_SI.utf8 && wine /media/ASAPS/zagon.exe

To make the mapping thing work properly you need to go into the Wine configuration - the Drives tab and click Autodetect, even if it looks like it is correctly mapping the cd-rom drive - IT DIDN'T. Only after doing that the install worked.