[Wine] Single joystick recognized as two under Wine

nicocarbone wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 22 09:03:00 CDT 2010

I am trying to play Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 and TrackMania Nations under Wine 1.2 in Ubuntu Lucid amd64. Everything works fine in both games except for the Joystick.

I have one Genius MaxFire G-12U joystick attached to the USB Port, but its is recognized as two different joysticks by Wine, one labeled "4-Axis, 12-Button with POV" (the same name it appears under Windows) and the other labeled simply "Joystick".

Both are controlled by the same physical Joystick, which gives me a lot of problems to setup the controller configuration within the games.

Is there a way to disable one of this virtual Joysticks? Anyone has a solution for this problem?

Thanks You