[Wine] Run Games from bootcamp partition with WINE

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 22 22:32:39 CDT 2010

dj.bevans wrote:
> Hey Guys,
> Great little program THANKS
> I was wondering since I like to do gaming on my mac and some times I am at work I get a few changes to do on a project, and I already have all my games installed on BOOTCAMP so I was wondering if there is a way to keep the games installed there and play them on the mac os with WINE
> I tried all the games and I get a error reading
> wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\.exe"
> Help if Possible, and my apologies if this has already been brought up.
The usual answer is NO.  The reason is that Windows installer files
usually place things where they should be and make appropriate registry
changes.  It is not just a simple "install Wine" and play complex

However, if the program does not make registry changes (and that is very
rare these days) and is just a copy and paste install (even more rare)
then you might be able to run the program from your BOOTCAMP installation.

James McKenzie