[Wine] winetricks jet40 failed reason 2?

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 23 14:33:05 CDT 2010

A Nonny Moose <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>Terminal session:
>
>john at john-lynx-lts:~$ winetricks jet40
>Executing wine /home/john/.winetrickscache/jet40sp8_9xnt.exe
>fixme:setupapi:extract_cabinet_file awful hack: extracting cabinet "C:\\users\\john\\Temp\\IXP001.TMP\\Jetsetup.CAB"
>err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\Program files\\Common files\\Microsoft shared\\dao\\dao2535.tlb"
>failed with error 2
>Install of jet40 done
It is complete and the installation should be working.

>Now I ran this before, but I reran it because the app I am using says the engine is not present.  The app is
>landscape designer for SC4RH.

Again, we've got to stop asking this question.  Is this available, either as a trial/demo/freebie?  Then we can try to install it and see what is happening.

BTW, I know that this is the situation because I had another program, BiblePro, that needs to use the JET 4.0 engine that installs and runs, just not well.

James McKenzie