[Wine] Windows open with no pictures, just background image

zorgoth wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 24 10:03:19 CDT 2010

I've been having a lot of directx games running in wine and a lot of times when I try to do this the window opens, but without its own picture; it just has images of what was behind it when it opened.  I get a game cursor and clearly the windows are working because I can hear music and button clicks and stuff.  Things that make this more likely to happen are having to change the screen resolution and it happens almost invariably if I run it in any way but from a terminal after running "unset LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT" to get direct rendering.

I am using an ATI Mobility Radeon 5470 on a Dell Studio 15 with the latest Catalyst/fglrx from the ATI website.