[Wine] Re: Strange crashing behavior

anilbv wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 25 03:27:48 CDT 2010

I'm trying to install Wine 1.2 from this website, but I've run into some problems.  Firstly, the installer warns me that it has found a wine binary somewhere, but I don't know where this would be or how to uninstall it (I just deleted the old wine directory).  Secondly, if I do tell the installer to continue, it fails when checking whether 16-bit code can be built correctly, apparently because I have Xcode 3.1 and "Xcode 3.x cannot build 16-bit code correctly."  It tells me to use --disable-win16 if I don't need 16-bit support, but I also don't know how the do that.

Thanks for your help so far!