[Wine] Re: The file is not marked as an executable??? How to?

QuicheLoraine wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 25 22:48:26 CDT 2010

It now pulls up the Adobe CS4 Design Premium install window since I updated Wine, but I still get an error, this time "The program setup.exe (or autoplay.exe) has encountered a serious problem and needs to close..."

I alternatively tried copying the contents of the first disc in a folder on my desktop, and it will allow me to make the autoplay.exe and setup.exe executable, unlike trying to make it executable from right clicking the CS4 icon "Properties", but I get the same error.

I read the above mentioned article about mounting (per Gert), and from the command prompt "sudo dmesg" found the disc is "udf"??? But still couldn't figure out what I needed to do...nothing seemed to work per the commands.

Extremely confused.

If only my Graphic Design program would let me use Inkscape...and Ubuntu!