[Wine] winetricks jet40 failed reason 2?

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Mon Jul 26 05:22:57 CDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-07-25 at 21:25 -0500, A Nonny Moose wrote:
> I tracked into the application's directory on the Jet40 problem and
> actually tried to open the .mdb file using access, which I installed.
> I got a nice little dialogue box that said "DDE Failure".
>
> Now, I have installed the MS Access script, and all the MDAC2x scripts
> and I can't find anything in the winetricks help file about DDE.
> Maybe we are missing some little .dll that we should have got?

Can your application be configured to use ODBC? If so there are MS
Access ODBC drivers that can read and write Access .mdb files.

unixODBC is here: http://www.unixodbc.org/

The EWasySoft Access driver is here:
http://www.easysoft.com/products/data_access/odbc-access-driver/index.html
I had a quick scan of its write-up: it looks as if it doesn't need any
MS software to work.

Martin