[Wine] File extraction error for Zune Software.

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 18:44:58 CDT 2010

On 27 July 2010 00:11, sansaxamus <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> I have a Zune HD and want to download the Software so I can synch to Linux. But I get a message whenever I right click on the zunesetuppkg-x86.exe and select run with Wine Windows Program Loader. It's title is Extraction Failed. The text in the box is "Unable To Find A Volume for File Extraction. Please verify that you have propper permissions." What should i do???

Obvious question first: what happens when you run zunesetuppkg-x86.exe
from the command line?

That error message also shows up for people installing Silverlight:
http://forums.silverlight.net/forums/t/92206.aspx - I wonder if the
Zune software includes Silverlight ...

Are you trying to install to a network drive?
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-users/2007-March/024682.html

- d.