[Wine] Paltalk

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Tue Jul 27 06:52:13 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 10:51, The Inquisitor <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First of all I am using Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) with Wine installed.
>
> I was wondering if anyone has tried this program called Paltalk. It is a voice chat program/client. They do provide a web/flash version but it is not the same as the application that is available on Windows.
>
> Initially I couldnt install it using wine, so I read somewhere that I had to install IE4Linux and MSN messenger then install Paltalk.

You'll need to get rid of IE4Linux to get help here... (winetricks can
get IE installed) (You'll need to delete your ~/.wine to get rid of
any settings that IEs4Linux might have broken)

Read this: http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-ef0f22c66a018860d10339c13270c458d29f4980

Also ensure that you are running the latest Wine version (1.2) See
http://www.winehq.org/download/deb/

Gert