[Wine] Sysinternals autorunsc.exe

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Wed Jul 28 01:32:32 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 15:52, vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> Gert van den Berg wrote:
>> A drivers houldn't be needed for registry files copied from another PC and not actively loaded?
>
> Only kernel can load registry. And obviously if you trying to load registry that overrides your system registry one need some drivers to work around that.
>
> Of course you can open registry hive as a simple file and try to parse it. However this isn't trivial and requires lots of code and exact knowledge of the format. I really doubt that what this new tool does.

It is a SysInternals tool from Microsoft... If anything does it, this
is where I would expect to find it... (chntpw have an utility capable
of editing Windows registry from *nix)

Offline mode seem to imply that it is accessing the registry from hive
files not actively loaded in the current Windows registry..

(Autorunsc might be asking something in Windows to parse the file for
it though in offline mode...)

Gert