[Wine] Libiberty/mkstemps compile problem

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Wed Jul 28 10:55:38 CDT 2010

Hello people.

Somewhat hardheaded, and after doing so for years without problems, I
started to compile wine 1.2 for my 86_64 system. Configuration went well,
but compilation aborted on:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jcoppens/wine-1.2/tools/widl'
gcc -m32 -g -O2 -o widl client.o expr.o hash.o header.o proxy.o server.o
typegen.o typelib.o typetree.o utils.o widl.o write_msft.o parser.tab.o
parser.yy.o     ../../libs/wpp/libwpp.a ../../libs/port/libwine_port.a
parser.yy.o: In function `do_import':
/home/jcoppens/wine-1.2/tools/widl/parser.l:477: undefined reference to
`mkstemps'

I found out this should come from libiberty, which is present as a static
library (probably ok, as the rest of the above links static?).
Recompiling libiberty from the binutils with --enable-static doesn't do
it - that option is not recognized (though it does appear several times
in configure)

I checked parser.l, and it didn't have an #include for libiberty. Tried
to add it, but this caused flex to fail.

I'll probably end up installing the binary, but this has be somewhat
miffed.

Any suggestions?
John