[Wine] [1.2]StarCraft 2 - Very Slow On Good Computer?

Edward Savage epssyis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 21:32:01 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Jesse Palser <SLNTHERO at aol.com> wrote:
>  [1.2]StarCraft 2 - Very Slow On Good Computer?
>
> Using Wine 1.2 Final on Ubuntu 10.04 32bit.
> When running game "StarCraft 2", the game is very slow?
>
> My specs are as follows:
> O.S.: Ubuntu 10.04 32bit
> CPU: Intel Core2Quad 2.4GHz 4 core CPU
> RAM: 4GB DDR2
> Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 8400GS
> (nVidia 195.36.24 graphic driver)
> Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE
>
> Any ideas?

I have the dual core version of your computer with an 8600gt instead
and on mixed low-medium settings I get a very playable 18-40fps.  Not
bad for a cheap two-three year old graphics card.  Might be better on
Windows but the bottleneck is the graphics card as I notice SC2
doesn't tax my cpu or the ram.

I would like to play on the better graphics so I'm looking at getting
the modern day equivalent of the 8600 and I'd say that'd be your best
option too.

Time marches on and our good computers become old computers. :(