[Wine] Re: Unusual hard problem, WoW won't start!

frostig wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 29 07:51:21 CDT 2010

[QUOTE=asdfoo;9652195]are you using wine-1.2?
open a terminal and type `wine --version`

also, there was a recent kernel bug affecting Blizzard products due to the copy protection they use.
please also type `uname -a`[/QUOTE]

Yes, I use wine 1.2:

Code:
markus at solaris:~$ wine --version
wine-1.2

But I noticed something really strange now, I googled my graphic card and found some report for it under linux and when I did chek my status for it, the GPU load seems to be working really really hard:

Code:
Default Adapter - ATI Radeon HD 4770
                            Core (MHz)    Memory (MHz)
           Current Clocks :    750           800
             Current Peak :    750           800
  Configurable Peak Range : [500-830]     [800-850]
                 GPU load :    99%

I wonder why it sais that my GPU have 99% load since I'm not using anything in particular. I even tried to put my visual effets by compiz back to 'normal' and it still is at 99% load.

Source for the article is availble here: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd_hd4770&num=5

Maybe this has something to do with it?