[Wine] getElementsByName

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 30 20:52:42 CDT 2010

DaveDrouin wrote:
> static HRESULT WINAPI HTMLDocument3_getElementsByName(IHTMLDocument3 *iface, BSTR v,
>                                                       IHTMLElementCollection **ppelColl)
> {
>     HTMLDocument *This = HTMLDOC3_THIS(iface);
>     FIXME("(%p)->(%s %p)\n", This, debugstr_w(v), ppelColl);
>     return E_NOTIMPL;
> }
>
> I'm trying to use an application that has an embedded IE browser component and unfortunately the html that's rendered in there makes heavy use of the dreaded getElementsByName method.  Can someone please for the love of Hercules implement this method in wine.  Thanks you very much.

As it has been stated many times here, if you want it fixed, you have to
fix it yourself or find a developer who is willing to do so.  Developers
may have looked at this, figured it was too difficult or no one has the
knowledge to properly implement this.  YOU can help, read how to submit
patches to the Wine project or you can attempt to build a test case
(remember we cannot have any contact with Microsoft source or code
derived through reverse coding Microsoft dlls) from publicly available
information.    This is what I'm doing for the three richedit functions
I need to run programs that I routinely use.

Further discussion on this matter should be in the Wine Developer's lists.

James McKenzie