[Wine] IE gecko don't don't work in wine64

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 31 20:04:12 CDT 2010

ayaka wrote:
> I use AMD64 and Ubuntu 10.04 x64.
> I complied wine1.3 with --enable-win64
> I type wine64 iexplore http://www.google.com
> But it open a windows and don't show any things.
> I click help ,it shows normal
>

> In wine1.2 it will broke out

Are you stating with Wine 1.2, compiled for 64 bit that IExplore works?

> How to deal with it

If the above is true, then you will have to run a regression test to
find which commit between Wine 1.2 and Wine 1.3.0 (there are over 600 of
them but regression testing is much faster than that) caused the
IExplore (Gecko) to stop running.

If the above is false, Gecko may not be ready to run in a Windows 64
environment.

James McKenzie