[Wine] Best way to go about reporting a bug?

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 03:46:54 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 01:38, Young Chris <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I'd like to report a bug on bugzilla regarding Wine's handing of the shaders on cars in Need for Speed: Carbon (thanks for getting this working with 1.2-RC2, by the way) I'm not sure how exactly to go about doing this in the best way, to give the WINE developers the most useful information.
>
> What's the best way of doing this, as I am new to WINE bug reporting?

Basically,

- Check the AppDB (http://appdb.winehq.org/)... sometimes you can find
workarounds there, and the general support status
- Read the FAQ (http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ), especially the
troubleshooting section before submitting
- http://www.winehq.org/site/documentation and http://wiki.winehq.org/HowTo
- (For graphics stuff) Check your video drivers (type, version, ...) :
binary NVIDIA drivers usually work OK, for other cards/drivers...
well... YMMV. You might also want to disable desktop special effects
(e.g. from Compiz)
- Check if the same/similar bug was already reported

If you decide to report a bug, try to provide as many (relevant) info
as possible: distribution, kernel, video drivers in use, maybe
soundcard for sound problems, ...

> Thanks for your time,
> Chris.

Frédéric