[Wine] crossover or bordeaux

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Wed Jun 2 16:35:23 CDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 22:30, lfchisholm <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hi Gert
> thank you for the update. I have tried installing wine and did get installed ok and tried Quicken 2010 deluxe and it got installed ok then got the no com error and found help on the site but some of the commands to get the gehco going did not seem to work. also the folders etc where things reside I am not the sharpest on where and how they fit in.

Short version: Most of Wine's applications end up under ~/.wine (where
~ is your home directory). Under Unix-like operating system, filenames
starting with dots are hidden. You should install the application into
Wine and try to read at least the FAQ... http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ

> Wine and quicken registration is still a big problem and they don't seem to make it easy to report it so I have found.
> I did get one of my banks to download and it was complete but then when you try to add another bank you get the no com error.
> thanks for the tip I will keep trying to resolve the no com error.
> Larry.

Have a look at http://wiki.winehq.org/Gecko and
http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks (My guess is that the problem is
Winetricks...)

I'm not sure if you looked at the AppDb page for possible solutions?
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=18171

There might be some other tricks to get it working (have a look at the
FAQ on how to post a debug log...) (Some other people around here are
better at reading Wine logs than me...) (Some of the alternative
frontends might have automated installing workarounds (in some cases
installing more than what is needed and breaking other applications as
a result, which is the main reason why other front ends aren't easily
supportable here))

Gert