[Wine] How to determine if file is within the prefix/bottle or not?

wolbrink wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 4 13:14:47 CDT 2010

I'd like to put a warning into my application that warns the user if they try to store their document inside the prefix/bottle.  (In other words I want to help the user avoid putting user data under the "drive_c" folder.)

I know that some folders are redirects, such as C:\Users\{user}\Desktop refers to the Desktop folder in the user's real profile, so this is safe, as well as many other special locations.

Is there a command-line tool my app can call (running within Wine) that will convert any given path to the native path outside of Wine?