[Wine] Re: Error WK1129 - WIBU-KEY kernel driver needs client version

annacegu wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 5 04:34:31 CDT 2010

Thanks Gert for your reply. It turned out that I was able to download the Mac OS X drivers from the website. I tried a few things but the app still gives the same error msg before (i.e. the subject line)

Gert van den Berg wrote:

> Some modifications to Wine might still be needed to expose the Mac
> driver's interface to the Windows application in the way that it
> expects it...

OK, I'll ask that question to WIBU support... unless this is a wine development thing?

Gert van den Berg wrote:

> Virtualbox/other virtualizqation is probably the easier solution...
> (It is heavier on your system though..)

I would like to avoid virtual machines as much as possible (although I did try out VirtualBox), dual boot is better still but I do that rarely because of the time it takes to reboot. That's why I prefer wine, especially when I just want to do something quickly on a windows program. I want to have a decent crack at getting the app working in wine before I wave the white flag.

Regards,
Anna.