[Wine] Error WK1129 - WIBU-KEY kernel driver needs client version

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Sat Jun 5 04:43:55 CDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 11:34, annacegu <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Gert van den Berg wrote:
>>
>> Some modifications to Wine might still be needed to expose the Mac
>> driver's interface to the Windows application in the way that it
>> expects it...
>
> OK, I'll ask that question to WIBU support... unless this is a wine development thing?

Mostly a Wine devolopment thingy... Although documentation from WIBU
would be helpful...

Unfortunately, the most likely way that this will get done, is of a
Wine developer needs it to work for onw of the applications that they
use...

(Of course, a user with the patience to figure out enough of how Wine
is put together (and to get a patch accepted) / WIBU themselves (For
that, it would help if it is somehow  in their interest to have the
dongles working under Wine) might also do it...)

(The Wine USB support (which is in separate patches) might also work
for the Windows drivers (If the device fits within a certain class of
devices), not sure if it works at all under OS X... Based on some very
quick reading, it seems similar to things like the Sentinel dongles
that the USB support was initially done for..)

Gert