[Wine] Spore fails to run on new Wine versions, plus fglrx issues

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 5 14:10:03 CDT 2010

NihilistMatt wrote:
> James McKenzie wrote:
>
>> You'll have to ask PlayOnLinux for help at this point.  We support ONLY
>> native Wine here.
>>
>> Vitamin:
>>
>> Close this thread, please.
>>
>> James McKenzie
>>

> Well, I'm only using the PoL copy of Wine (and that's the only part of PoL I'm using - Spore is installed in my normal Wine prefix, etc) because it's the only version of Wine on my system at the moment that actually runs Spore. (If anyone could find me a prepackaged Arch package for Wine 1.1.42, then I'd happily test under that)

Google for it.   There should be a repository that has Wine for Arch
Linux (it may be 32 bit and actually should be unless 64 bit Wine has
been fixed.)
> I'd file a regression test but compiling Wine on x86-64 Arch Linux looks quite involved.

It only requires that you get and install the Required Dependencies and
retrieving Wine source through git.  However, it does take time, which
for some of us is very valuable.

James McKenzie