[Wine] new sound problem

Subsidiarity wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 8 22:50:31 CDT 2010

Hello All,

I've run into a sound problem with Dawn of War. It's the only game I can currently get running under wine so I can't test beyond it right now. I was having problems with the models in the game (see here: http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=8367) but they are working now after I upgraded my version of wine to the release candidate I got off of my openSUSE 11.2 repositories.

However, the sound quit. I'm not sure why. It works fine elsewhere. I'm listening to music as I type this. I ran winecfg and only the ALSA driver is checked. I know that wine doesn't play well with pulseaudio so I attempted to uninstall pulseaudio using YaST but I get warnings about how KDE needs it so I didn't remove it. I attempted to disable it using the instructions in one of the sticky threads above. That didn't work. killall pulseaudio tells me that no process was found. I might be doing something wrong here though.

When I run winecfg I get an error message:

fixme:jack:JACK_drvLoad error loading the jack library libjack.so.0, please install this library to use jack

Does this indicate anything important? I have a version of libjack installed.

I have 3 sound cards listed under sound hardware in YaST, and the one I want to use is soundcard 0. This is right I think.

When I run the program from the console, this is part of what I get:

> zn6y:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Steam> wine steam -applaunch 4580
> fixme:process:SetProcessShutdownParameters (00000100, 00000000): partial stub.
> CellID: Fetching server list from CSDS. . .
> err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path.
> err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
> CellID: CSDS returned 169 servers.
> CellID: Connecting to 202.173.128.178:27031. . .
> fixme:urlmon:CoInternetSetFeatureEnabled 5, 0x00000002, 1, stub
> fixme:urlmon:CoInternetSetFeatureEnabled 10, 0x00000002, 1, stub
> CellID: Connect to 202.173.128.178:27031 took 244 MS
> CellID: Nothing beat our old best time of 13 MS
> fixme:threadpool:RtlQueueWorkItem Flags 0x4 not supported
> fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HDA ATI HDMI, disabling mixer
> fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on USB Device 0x46d:0x8c5, disabling mixer
> err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {77f10cf0-3db5-4966-b520-b7c54fd35ed6} not registered
> err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {77f10cf0-3db5-4966-b520-b7c54fd35ed6} could be created for context 0x1
> Corrupt JPEG data: 57 extraneous bytes before marker 0xdb
> Corrupt JPEG data: 57 extraneous bytes before marker 0xdb
> fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer 0x20f8a0, L"ROOT\\CIMV2", (null), (null), (null), 0x00000080, (null), (nil), 0x330d2d8)
> Corrupt JPEG data: 57 extraneous bytes before marker 0xdb
> Corrupt JPEG data: 57 extraneous bytes before marker 0xdb
> fixme:winhttp:WinHttpGetIEProxyConfigForCurrentUser returning no proxy used
> err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} not registered
> err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} could be created for context 0x1
> fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32c3d0,0x00000000), stub!
> err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} not registered
> err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} could be created for context 0x1
> err:ole:RevokeDragDrop invalid hwnd (nil)
> err:ole:RevokeDragDrop invalid hwnd 0x10122
> fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0xb5da28,0x00000000), stub!
> fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0xb5ddf0,0x00000000), stub!
> fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0xb5e3e8,0x00000000), stub!
> fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HDA ATI HDMI, disabling mixer
> fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on USB Device 0x46d:0x8c5, disabling mixer
> fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x1ae5e8,0x1ae558): stub
> fixme:process:GetProcessWorkingSetSize (0xffffffff,0xb5e414,0xb5e410): stub
> fixme:process:GetProcessWorkingSetSize (0xffffffff,0xb5e414,0xb5e410): stub

I'm wondering about the "disabling mixer" message above. Is this indicative of a problem? Should I delete the other two sound cards I have listed in YaST because it would seem to me that the messages  refer to them? I don't want to use them obviously.  Thanks in advance.