[Wine] Re: Recognising an unrecognisable scanner

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 10 09:50:41 CDT 2010

dhanhurley wrote:
> Hi and excuses. I left out the important part. How do i use WINE to install and use the USB SCANNER ( Canoscan LiDE 600F ).Or any alternative.

If you had bothered to read the thread you've just hijacked, you would have the answer: you can't. You need to install the SANE backend for your scanner.  If your scanner is not supported by SANE, you are out of luck. Whether your scanner is supported by SANE and how to install the backend if it is are not Wine questions. Ask on your distro's support forum.