[Wine] Twinview and wine explorer /desktop

ngoonee wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 10 11:50:09 CDT 2010

The command I run (important bits):-

Code:
wine explorer /desktop=civ4,1280x800 Civ4BeyondSword.exe

My system has twinview running, an external monitor (1280x1024) and my laptop LCD (1280x800). Gnome sees it as one large monitor of 2560x1024, my monitor is on the left, my LCD on the right. Even though I start wine from the laptop monitor, it starts up (with indicated resolution) on the external monitor.

If I use 1280x799 resolution instead, it starts up on the monitor from which I run the command, which is expected behaviour (but messes up my screen resolutions).

I'm running 64-bit, wine's in a 32-bit chroot. Arch Linux, Gnome DE. Same results with or without compiz. Obviously running an nVidia card. Some indications on what I should look into would be appreciated.