[Wine] Problems installing WoW on Fedora 13

pandpp wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 13 02:11:59 CDT 2010

Hi there.

I am not a Linux noob, but equally, I wouldn't say I'm an expert either; I get by.

Recently built myself a new Fedora 13 box, running an AMD quad 955.  I chose X64, which may have been my first BIG mistake, but I've stuck with that decision.

I have installed Wine, and have the 32bit version working.

I play WoW on XP, but, would like to get it running under Wine.

The install I am using is the latest Burning Crusades install from Blizzard.

I kick off Wine to do the install I get the following, which I don't think is anything too unusual:

Code:

[Peter at GoldWing ~]$ wine32 /media/TreasureChest_/World\ of\ Warcraft\ Installer/Installer.exe
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECT_TIMEOUT (3000): STUB
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT 3000
[Peter at GoldWing ~]$ fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECT_TIMEOUT (3000): STUB
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT 3000
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECT_TIMEOUT (3000): STUB
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT 3000
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECT_TIMEOUT (60000): STUB
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT 60000
fixme:ntdll:NtPowerInformation semi-stub: SystemPowerCapabilities
Missing symbol {OriginalInstallPath}! (SymbolTable::UnmappedSymbolSubstitution)
fixme:font:CreateScalableFontResourceW (1,L"C:\\users\\Peter\\Temp\\Blizzard\\Installer_03301633\\FrizQuadrata.fot",L"C:\\users\\Peter\\Temp\\Blizzard\\Installer_03301633\\FrizQuadrata.ttf",(null)): stub

At this point, I get a "Insufficient CPU Speed" error thrown by WOW, I chose Install Anyway.