[Wine] Certified Fraud Prep Exam

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 15 14:00:25 CDT 2010

kgalbraith <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>at this point, it's a mute issue.  Something corrupted my HD, and I am forced to
>reinstall F13.

Given all that you wrote here, you should have your hardware checked out or look into using an Uninterruptable Power Supply.  The only time I had a hard drive failure (I had a Deathstar, but that was a known problem with that series of drives) is when I fluctuating power which was causing the drive to loose and then suddenly gain power.

>The only thing new I did today, is install the 2 programs required by CFE to run, and
>tried to install a VM of win 7.  Now, when I boot, I get gnome power manager not
>installed correctly, and my HD is unmountable if i boot with a live CD.

Again, this looks like a hardware issue as your drive should be mountable if you boot from a Live CD of Fedora.

Good luck resolving the problem.

I would like to investigate this, so I'll be looking for the CFE programs, if they are available on-line.

James McKenzie