[Wine] RS232 connection

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Jun 15 19:39:08 CDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 20:20 -0700, James McKenzie wrote:
> andy88 wrote:
> > usb serial connetor should work
> > -----
> > cnc machinery (http://www.cnccuttingmachinery.com/)
> >
> There is a bug report for broken USB Serial devices in Wine's Bugzilla.
>
> Looks like this maybe broken.
>
> I have no Serial<->USB device to test with to confirm.

Stick a PCI serial adapter card in the back and use that. They're not
hard to find, though prices have jumped over the last year, and and 2
port PCI cards are in the same price bracket as single port USB-serial
adapters.

My experience is that Wine couldn't find my USB-serial adapter no matter
what I tried, but it worked right away on a 6 serial port PCI card.

Martin