[Wine] wine testing repo question

tparker at etherstorm.net tparker at etherstorm.net
Thu Jun 17 15:36:22 CDT 2010

I can't find info on this at my distro site, hopefully someone here knows.

In order to get newer versions of wine than my distro regular repositories
offer I am looking to add the Fedora updates-testing repo and grab wine from
that. Before doing so I had a couple questions I couldn't find answers to on
the wiki:

Will upgrading wine from the testing repo erase the programs I have installed
in wine now or will they still be there the way they are when updating through
regular repositories?

Will using this repo always grab whatever the most current version in the
repository is, or is there a way I can specify a version I want to test, for
example if I want to test 1.2rc2, but 1.2rc3 is available?

currently using wine 1.1.38
Fedora13
nVidia 6150SE, driver 195.36.24