[Wine] No ALSA option in winecfg

bananiek wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 18 05:33:37 CDT 2010

Hello,

After upgrading wine to 1.2-rc3 I no longer have ALSA driver in sound section of winecfg. When i first started winecfg (on 1.2-rc3 version) i got following error:

There is no audio driver currently specified in the registry.
A recommended driver has been selected for you.
You can use this driver or select another driver if available.
You must click Apply for the selection to take place.

My only choice is now OSS which I tried to install but it doesn't work for me. So I don't have any sound in wine now. ALSA works nice in other programs.

I tried to install lib32-alsa-lib and some other packages but it doesn't help.

my sound card is: Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)

my system is: Linux 2.6.33-ARCH #1 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux