[Wine] user.reg keep constant value!!! - Lotus Approach

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 18 09:09:16 CDT 2010

chettawan <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>Hi all,
>    I'm trying to change the registry value using both regedit tool and manually edit file user.reg to change Wine regional setting to Thai bye the following key.

[changes for Thai language removed]

>The weird things occur, each time I run wine application such as notepad.exe, regedit or Lotus Approach some value in user.reg has been change automatically to default value. these are
>

>I also try to change permission of user.reg to something like 400 and also change its owner to root:root but after running some wine app the file permission was reset to  user:user and 544   [Evil or Very Mad]

Do NOT change the permissions of this file.  It will BREAK your ability to run Wine.  Also, this file is modified each time you run Wine.

Also DO NOT RUN WINE AS ROOT, unless you really, really need to.

That being said, what Operating System, Distribution and version are you using (i.e. Linux, Slackware 13)

If you are running Wine on a Mac using MacOSX, there is a lengthy thread in the forums on what you have to do.  The quickest method of fixing the problem is to switch your system to the Thai language.  If you use English as your primary language, Wine will select and use it.

James McKenzie