[Wine] Hypothetical question - for the devs...

James_Huk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 18 17:08:32 CDT 2010

Hello everybody.

I know this is user forum - but I also know that developers "lurks" in here from time to time. So I would like to ask... what do you (developers) think is the biggest issue in wine development? Is it money? How much would wine development process speed up if Codewavers would start selling... let say, 10 times more licenses for Crossover then they sell now? Would it be a dramatic speed up (by that I mean for example - MS is presenting "DirectX15" in January and we have 90% of it implemented in wine in March or April), or Windos API is so messed up, that even having 1000 programmers wouldn't help that much?

I'm asking because I'm curious.

Thanks in advance for the answers.