[Wine] Playchess.com

eyemel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 19 06:16:06 CDT 2010

Hi there, I have downloaded the installer of the playchess client from http://www.playchess.com/,(v5 is the only downloadable version) then installed it with wine. I had no error messages when installing. When I  run the program, the login window starts up normally, but when I try logging in, it crashes without any error messages and terminates. After some research, I saw http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=12994, don't know if it is the same bug but I guess it has not been solved since 2008 july, 2 years. Is it to play on playchess servers on linux ? If not, will it be one day? Thank you.