[Wine] Latest Wine package for Debian?

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sat Jun 19 12:09:17 CDT 2010

On 2010-06-19 (June, Saturday) 16:15:36 panzer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just out of curiosity, I see the latest wine is 1.2-rc4.
> I actually use Debian squeeze and the lastest wine available is 1.1.42.
> www.lamaresh.net/binary.php
> Ubuntu is laways up to date....Why?
> Thanks

	In most cases you can install Ubuntu package(s) in Debian. One of many ways to
do that is to download debs you want to install and then run:

sudo dpkg -i /path(s)/to/debs/you/want/to/install

	Personally I'm compiling Wine myself - it takes only few minutes and gives
more possibilities (like testing patches or applying hacks to source code) and
also saves traffic (with git you can download only updates and not whole
package). Of course if you never compiled anything yourself you better install
binary packages.