[Wine] I can compile old wine from download page, but not from git?

James_Huk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 20 02:26:52 CDT 2010

Hello again.

The problem is - when I download wine - let say 0.9.53 from here:

http://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/system/emulators/wine/wine-0.9.53.tar.bz2

I can compile it on Debian Lenny without problems, however - when I use git like this:

git clone git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git wine-git
cd wine-git
git-reset wine-0.9.53
git checkout -f
./configure && make depend && make

I get:

In file included from comm16.c:66:
win.h:37: error: field obj has incomplete type
comm16.c: In function EnableCommNotification16:
comm16.c:1092: warning: implicit declaration of function WIN_Handle32
comm16.c:1092: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
make[2]: *** [comm16.o] BBd 1
make[2]: Opuszczenie katalogu `/home/james/wine-git/dlls/user32'
make[1]: *** [user32] BBd 2
make[1]: Opuszczenie katalogu `/home/james/wine-git/dlls'
make: *** [dlls] BBd 2

What am I missing? I thought that source from both git and download page is the same...
I wanted to do reverse regression test but with this error it is simply impossible. How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.