[Wine] Keyboard focus in 'some' wine apps (games)

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 20 11:06:28 CDT 2010

James McKenzie wrote:
> ngoonee wrote:
>> Tried it out (without debug logs). Nothing interesting, it looks the
>> same with or without clicking outside the window. In this case, I
>> click on a gedit window, subsequent keypresses are registered in the
>> gedit window instead of in the wine window. In both logs all I do is
>> start the game, load the same saved game, and try to use the 'g' key.
>>
>> Should I do full debug logs, and which channels would be important?
>> As stated, it doesn't seem like anything errors out, wine just loses
>> keyboard focus and doesn't get it back. I can click and continue to
>> play, but pressing 'g' just makes a 'g' appear in gedit.
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/NF3UHhLj
>>
> Again, does this happen with e-sword?
>
> Also, some of the shortcut keys require a special key like ALT or
> CNTRL, are these affected?

Answered my own question.  Pasting does work (Cntrl+V) as well as other
functions.  Cntrl+Fn keys are special on a Mac.  I'll have to look at
them.  However, typing gggggg and any other sequence of characters will
go to the current open window (I used the note area in e-Sword).

Also you might be interested in Bug 23123 which was filed against
Wine-1.2-rc2.

James McKenzie