[Wine] BCB5 CGI.EXE in Ubuntu Lucid 64bit

Lafras wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 22 03:35:06 CDT 2010

Hi All,

I am trying to use an exiting CGI.EXE program on 64bit Ubuntu Lucid.

I have made a test program with the compiler (Borland C++Builder 5 – BCB5) that just starts prints and closes.

Code:
#include <vcl.h>
#include <conio.h>
#pragma hdrstop
#pragma argsused
int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
        cprintf("small test");
        return 0;
}

Launched from Bash Script&#058;

Code:
before="$(date +%s%N)"
wine ./testProject1.exe
after="$(date +%s%N)"
elapsed_seconds="$(expr $after - $before)"
echo Elapsed time for code block: $elapsed_seconds

Problem 1.
On 32bit ( Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 wine-1.1.26) it loads and exists in about 0.2 seconds.
On 64bit (Ubuntu Lucid. 10.04  wine-1.1.26 , wine-1.1.38 and latest in repository) it takes about 1.1 seconds to load and exit).

I tried various wine versions.
First time with  wine-1.1.38 it gave this message:
“Could not load wine-gecko. HTML rendering will be disabled.
wine: configuration in '/home/xie01/.wine' has been updated.”

I have also noticed it sometimes seems to launch a copy of explorer.exe (i'm not sure which wine version it was).

Question: Any Ideas as to here to start to look for the difference in speed?

Problem 2.
Being a CGI, apache2 will load multiple copies.
If I test this in a bash script&#058;
for (( c=1; c<=100; c++ ))
do
	echo "$c times..."
	.wine ./testProject1.exe &
#above line will fork
done

I get  errors including:

> wine: Invalid handle

and

> err:module:import_dll Library BORLNDMM.DLL (which is needed by L"Z:\\var\\www\\cgi-bin\\testProject1.exe") not found

– This file obviously does exist(first few loads are ok then fails start).

It seems as though wine do not have enough file handles available to load many copies at the same time.

Question: Where (if possible) does one adjust the number of available file handles.

Thanking you in advance.
Lafras
[/code]