[Wine] Problem playing Warcraft III (directx)

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Wed Jun 23 20:49:05 CDT 2010

On Jun 23, 2010, at 7:38 PM, augusto2131 wrote:
> Yeah I'm using SL. When I typed port installed mesa I got this message:
> The following ports are currently installed:
>  mesa @7.8.1_1+hw_render+universal (active)
All right, so you've got 32-bit mesa.

> So I think it's installed. So, will my 3D applications work?
They should.

Like I said earlier, you need to run War3 in a virtual desktop (because X11 doesn't know how to change the display resolution). You can do this from winecfg (type 'winecfg' into Terminal). Go to the "Graphics" tab and tick "Emulate a virtual desktop".

> Thanks for all the help man, I really appreciate it :D
No problem. :)

Chip