[Wine] Re: WineD3D messed up my VM, how do uninstall it?

rpgiacon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 24 12:28:29 CDT 2010

MKVCrazy wrote:
> Host: Ubuntu Karmic Koala
> Guest: Windows XP
> VBox: 3.1.2 PUEL
>
> I was happy using my guest XP with Guest Addictions installed. But I wasn't able to get the videos play perfect. It picture will messes up if I move the windows around the desktop. So I though it might be lack of WineD3D and so I installed it from wined3d.iso. Then it messed up my guest XP. Now I cannot even play and videos which I could before and it says Direct3D is not enable when I do this "dxdiag" in the RUN command.
>
> Can you guys please help?

I saw i digged a lot in foruns...
Wined3d in VirtualBox crashes a lot of applications (like autocad), so there shoud be a simpler way to uninstall it.

hopefully, wined3d installation gives a full log, so if you want to uninstall just install again and check up que install log on the Details on install screen...

here is a way to uninstall wine d3d 8 and 9 in a batch script:

Wined3d_Uninstall.bat

Code:

del C:\WINDOWS\system32\libwine.dll
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\wined3d.dll
del C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\libwine.dll
del C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\wined3d.dll

del C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d8.dll
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d8_test.exe
ren C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d8.dll_backup_by_wined3 dd3d8.dll

del C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d9.dll
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d9_test.exe
ren C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d9.dll_backup_by_wined3d d3d9.dll
pause

Hope it solves it for you

Pastorelli