[Wine] Civ 4 patch help?

dafydd wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 25 06:23:26 CDT 2010

Hello. I'm following the instructions on how to install Civ 4 on my Ubuntu system. I've had it working perfectly in the past, but this time I come to a stop every time I try to patch to 1.74. The patch installer doesn't recognise that I have an existing installation of Civ on my system.

Sorry to be a pain in the arse, but I can't remember if this happened before and if it did how I got around it. I can't seem to find any solutions for the problem either.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm trying to get it working again to get myself in the mood for Civ 5. Only three months away now! Woo!