[Wine] Re: patch installed wine

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 25 17:14:42 CDT 2010

syron wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> it worked perfectly. But I'm having a new question.
>
> I've successfully installed wine via source and I can run wine software by running ./wine program.exe in the source folder, but I cannot rune wine program.exe outside the folder, how can I fix that?

First, uninstall the wine package from the package manager, to prevent any conflicting global files with your compiled version. Then run "sudo make install" (no quotes).

Graphics drivers are installed and taken from your distro, not Wine. Check if you have any proper (Linux) 3D graphics drivers installed (the best test is to just install and run an OpenGL game like Armagetron or Sauerbraten and see how well it runs - if framerate is horrible, you lack proper 3D graphics drivers).