[Wine] Having an issue with Gecko

vampblades wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 25 18:15:53 CDT 2010

Hey everybody, i'm honestly a first time linux user, but a long time fan.  I've started getting the hang of things but there is one thing that i can't figure out.
I was trying to install warcraft 3 using the blizzard downloader and the downloader froze and crashed as soon as i started it.  I checked the terminal and it looks like gecko wouldn't initialize...  I tried to launch wine iexplore  and it did the same thing.... I tried adding winehq to the repository, i reinstalled gecko, and i tried to use winetricks to fix gecko.... but i still get the same error. Any ideas?

mick at mick-linux:~$ wine iexplore
fixme:ole:CoResumeClassObjects stub
fixme:urlmon:URLMoniker_BindToObject use running object table
fixme:shdocvw:BindStatusCallback_OnProgress status code 1
fixme:shdocvw:BindStatusCallback_OnProgress status code 2
fixme:shdocvw:BindStatusCallback_OnProgress status code 11
fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
Could not load wine-gecko. HTML rendering will be disabled.
err:mshtml:HTMLDocument_Create Failed to init Gecko, returning CLASS_E_CLASSNOTAVAILABLE
fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no instance created for interface {00000000-0000-0000-c000-000000000046} of class {25336920-03f9-11cf-8fd0-00aa00686f13}, hres is 0x80040111
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca27e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 001e, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca27e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 001d, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)