[Wine] Sysinternals autorunsc.exe

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Fri Jun 25 18:30:56 CDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 01:10, dfm9090 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sysinternals have just released a version of their autoruns command line tool that's capable of scanning an offline windows install for images configured to start automatically (very useful for tracking down malware).
>
> How likely is it that it could be made to run under wine on Ubuntu?  I've got to the point where I have my NTFS partition mounted, I then issue the command:
>
> ---
> $ wine ./autorunsc -z /mnt/ntfs_mount/WINDOWS /mnt/ntfs_mount/Documents\ and\ Settings/

You probably want to use the Windows path if it is passed as a
parameter to a Windows program....

One way is to use winepath in backticks: (Not sure about the parameters..)
wine ./autorunsc -z `winepath -w /mnt/ntfs_mount/WINDOWS` Administrator

> I also tried making a symlink to a drive letter in ~/.wine/dosdevices but that didn't seem to make any difference.

If you do:
cd ~/.wine/dosdevices
ln -s /mnt/nthfs_mount 'd:'

You should be able to use: (I'm not sure if you are using the right
parameter for "userprofile")
wine ./autorunsc -z 'd:\WINDOWS' 'd:\Documents and Settings\'

Running it under wine cmd might be easier...

You can try "wine cmd" or "wineconsole cmd"

Gert