[Wine] problem with eve-online and color depth (16/24bit)

lightmans wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 30 03:38:32 CDT 2010

Hello together!

since some time i noticed that if i start eveonline in a explorer desktop window, with for ex. wine explorer /desktop=0,1680x1050 "C:\\Program Files\\CCP\\EVE\\eve.exe",
my problem is now -> i can not switch in the game eveonline client to the 16bit windowmode (only 24bit are available) ! My Linux Gnome Desktop are running in a 1680x1050 24bpp mode. But if i start the game in fullscreen, i can switch then into 16bit and any resolution. (its weird)

i dont now since when this happend, because i updated the nvidia driver and the wine version at the same time. :( i dont know if the nvidia driver or the wine package are responsible for this.  [Question]

It is possible to get this resolution or color depth back with some hack?
did somebody else notice that, or maybe have the same problem?
i need the resolution and color change to get more performance and to run more then one eveonline client.

my system:
suse x64 11.2
wine 1.2-rc5
nvidia 8600 gt
gnome as xserver with resolution 1680x1050 and 24bit

thanking you in anticipation,
lightmans