[Wine] Wine & Pro/Intralink

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Wed Jun 30 05:13:32 CDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 01:42 -0500, icelolli wrote:
> Where I can find this address? I tried to use ip address where oracle
> server is installed. This is the result:
>

> Code:
> TNS Ping Utility for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.2.0.7.0 - Production on 30-JUN-2010 08:34:05
>
> Copyright (c) 1997 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>
> Used parameter files:
> C:\ptc\proiclient3.4\sqlnet.ora
>
> TNS-03505: Failed to resolve name

Does the standard Ubuntu 'ping' command; contact the server address used
in sqlnet.ora? Does it work with both the server's host name and its IP
address?

If not, the problem may be that you're not running a local name server
and the Oracle server host name isn't in /etc/hosts on your computer.
Things to check:

- if you're using a name server, is /etc/resolv.conf correctly set up on
  your Ubuntu box, i.e. are the search and name server lines correct?
- is the name server running?
- if your box is seeing the name server, is the Oracle server correctly
  identified in its zone files?

- if you're not using a name server, check that the Oracle server is
  registered in /etc/hosts and add it in if it isn't there.

Martin