[Wine] Re: problem with eve-online and color depth (16/24bit)

James_Huk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 30 06:03:00 CDT 2010

You could try starting a separate X session with 16 bit depth for wine alone. To do this on Debian I use the following command:

xinit /usr/bin/xterm -- :1 -ac -depth 16

That should start another X session (probably accessible by CTRL+ALT+F8) with 16 bit color depth. Just go there and run your game from started xterm (if you don't have xterm on your system - just replace "/usr/bin/xterm" with path to your favorite terminal emulator (xfce4-terminal/gnome-terminal etc.).

I don't know if the above command will work on Suse, but give it a try.