[Wine] Wine 1.1.44 and WoW 3.3.5 crash

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 30 23:29:17 CDT 2010

Altair wrote:
> Similar case with the other recent post about this.
>
> World of Warcraft 3.3.5, just after install the new game patch
> Graphics: nVidia Corporation GeForce 7600 GT (rev a2)
> Driver: NVIDIA-Linux-x86-195.36.31-pkg1.run, the more recent now
> WIne 1.1.44, more recent versions have graphics errors for me
> Debian Lenny
>
> The console output after the crash is VERY long:

THIS IS A KNOWN PROBLEM.  Please folks, try what is in the forums BEFORE
you post a message like this.  nVidia video drivers 195.27 and up ARE
BROKEN UNDER WINE.  You have to back level them to 195.26 OR LOWER.

If, after doing this, problems still appear, please look through our
Bugzilla.  Then and ONLY THEN post messages here.

NOT TO BYTE YOUR HEAD OFF, BUT THIS THE FIFTH MESSAGE LIKE THIS IN THE
LAST 24 HOURS.

James McKenzie